Anonymous asked: know any different words for ‘see through’? I’m writing a short story but the only word that I can think of so far is translucent.
Okay followers, we might need some extra help on this one. So far we’ve got:
- Translucent: (of a substance) Allowing light, but not detailed images, to pass through; semitransparent.
- Glassy: Of or resembling glass in some way, in particular smoothness or transparency.
- Sheer: A very fine or diaphanous fabric or article.
- Diaphanous: (esp. of fabric) Light, delicate, and translucent.
- Clear:(of a substance) Transparent.
- Crystalline: Very clear.
- Transparent: (of a material or article) Allowing light to pass through so that objects behind can be distinctly seen.
What words or phrases are we missing?