Anonymous asked: I need some help describing characters of color. Any advice or references?
This is from our Towel on writing people of color:
- Gee, I don’t know how to research writing Characters of Color tastefully
- A Few Tips and Resources for Writing POC Characters
- Additional tips on writing PoC characters
- Cedarseed’s Guide to Human Types
- Writing Racially and Culturally Diverse Characters (short answer)
- Describing Skin Colors
- EXTREMELY IN-DEPTH GUIDES TO DRAWING DIFFERENT ETHNICITIES
- Sordid Fairy Tale: Offensive Mistakes Well-Intentioned Writers Make!
- The Term POC
- Our “Skin Deep" Tag
Thank you for your question! If you have any comments on this article or other questions about writing, you can message us here!